November 2017 will house the 3rd Irish Concertina workshop in the Netherlands! Renowned concertina teacher from Ireland Jack Talty (Co. Clare) will once again share his techniques and tunes in a fantastic two-day workshop!
Jack Talty has a great history in Irish traditional music, being a musician, teacher, producer and researcher of the matter. You can find an extensive interview www.irishtradmusic.nl did with Jack Talty in Klank Magazine.
Jack Talty can be heard on several groundbreaking albums, with two notable mentions being the album ‘Na Fir Bolg‘ together with Kerry concertina player Cormac Begley and his solo album ‘In Flow‘ which was released last year.
This workshop is catered to anglo-concertina players who have familiarity with the instrument as well with Irish traditional music. Although this workshop is in some respect a continuation of last year’s events, new participants are more than welcome!
- Saturday and Sunday 18 & 19 of November
- Saturday: 10:00-17:00
- Sunday: 10:30-17:00
- Location will be in Oud-Beijerland Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands
- open to anglo-concertina players who have affinity with Irish traditional music
- basic knowledge of your instrument is required
- if you are not sure if you will fit the workshop, please contact email@example.com for advice.
- The cost of this two-day workshop is €130, which includes coffee, tea and refreshments during the day and lunch.
- The area of Oud-Beijerland contains various places to stay and is also close to Rotterdam. Sites like booking.com and tripadvisor.com may help you in finding a nice place to stay.
- To enter for the workshop, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your desire to participate and your previous experience with concertina playing
- Payments for the workshop can be made by doing a bank transfer of the fee to Martin van Hensbergen, NL89 RABO 0330 6021 95, with description: ‘concertina workshop 2017’
- Note that your registration is not final until payment has been received.
- Should you have any questions, for example, about the level of concertina playing required for this workshop, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We will try our best to make this workshop suitable for as many people as possible!
- Read all about last year’s workshop on this website.
- Download the poster of this event to help spread the word!
- Or get in the concertina mood by checking out some of the following videos: